Please seek Networking with TCC Centre for the following:
- Develop a quit plan that fits your lifestyle and needs.
- Identify situations that may tempt you to smoke.
- Plan strategies to overcome cravings and temptations.
- Determine your level of nicotine dependence.
Discuss the risks and benefits of nicotine replacement aids (patch, gum, inhaler,
nasal spray, or lozenge), as well as Zyban or Chantix medications to treat withdrawal
Call your chemist and order the medication that is right for you and as authorized
by your dentist or doctor.
Additional Support Includes:
Your counselor at TCC Centre will send you a Tobacco-Free Guide filled with practical
advice and tips, because the more you know about the process of quitting tobacco,
the better able you will be in coping and handling difficult situations.
You will receive periodic phone calls from your counselor over the six-month programme
to track your progress and provide support, advice, and encouragement.
You can also call your counselor to speak directly with him/her during regular office
hours or to leave a message. Your counselor can also be reached by e-mail to:
- ask a question
- talk to someone because it's a bad day
- talk through the urge to smoke or chew tobacco
The program walks participants through the entire quitting process from decision-making,
to actually quitting, and through relapse prevention.